The Myth of "Free Will"
The Myth of free will
Why man does not have ‘free will’, and why YHWH (Yahweh) is the origin of good, and evil, not Satan.
‘Free will’ is a very miss-used phrase. The simple definition of the phrase would be ‘to be free from outside restraints; having the power to follow the dictates of one’s own will; not subject to the dominion of another.’
The fact is, that man and man-kind has no free will, because all that he does is under the dominion of another. Here is an extreme example to make the point. If one had ‘Free will’, he could sprout wings and fly, or become a god, or create something out of nothing. The fact is, man does not have a ‘free will’ because man is indeed subject to ‘many’ outside restraints, and, he is subject to the dominion of another. For example, he is subject to all of the natural laws (outside restraints) set down and established by the Creator, i.e. gravity, weather, seasons, time, are all ‘outside restrains’ having to do with life itself. Even the physical life span of a man is pre-determined, and, Scripture says man cannot add to it.
All is out of YHWH (Yahweh).
To acknowledge that evil as well as goodness is out of the Almighty Sovereign Creator YHWH (Yahweh) is difficult to accept. And so, men use their own reasoning in their attempt to spare the Creator the onus of evil. Many translators and expositors do their best to hide this great truth from the Scriptures.
However, when YHWH (Yahweh) says,
See now that I, I am He!
And there is no Elohim (Mighty One) besides Me.
I put to death, and I make alive.
I have wounded, and I heal.
And from My hand no one delivers!
Most listen, but would not think of believing what YHWH (Yahweh) says. G-d they say, allows, permits, bears with evil, but of course He never started it, nor could He have originated such a thing!
Yet, YHWH (Yahweh) Elohim (Mighty One) Himself says,
‘I am YHWH (Yahweh), and there is none else;
there is no Elohim (Mighty One) beside Me.
I gird you, though you have not known me,
so that they know from the rising of the sun
to its setting that there is none but Me.
I am YHWH (Yahweh), and there is none else,
forming light and creating darkness,
making peace and creating evil,
I, YHWH (Yahweh), do all these.’
The created being called Satan is usually made to be the creator of evil. How foolish to oppose YHWH (Yahweh)’s own words, and give His deity to another! Thanks be to YHWH (Yahweh) that He alone is the Source of all, and has control of all, for only in this way will He bring His creation to its glorious goal!
Let us all marvel in the one YHWH (Yahweh), the Father, out of Whom all is, even the evil which He will transmute into glory for Himself and into blessing for all His creatures! See also YHWH (Yahweh) and Satan
The Sovereignty of YHWH (Yahweh) (G-d)
- YHWH (Yahweh)'s eternal plan determines man's destiny.
- The "fall" in the Garden: YHWH (Yahweh)'s divine arrangement
- Messiah: the message of deliverance already planned before the "fall".
- Salvation: YHWH (Yahweh)'s gift given through repentance.
- Faith: the fruit or proof of salvation.
- Works: the evidence or results of salvation.
- "Free will": Free only if the Son sets us free.
- The elect: YHWH (Yahweh)'s "first fruits" chosen by Him through grace to be His own (True Israel).
- Born again: Messiah decides to awaken (resurrect) you from the dead. Then you respond, and receive forgiveness from the Father.
- YHWH (Yahweh) initiates (chooses). Man responds.
- Prayer: communion (alignment) with YHWH (Yahweh)'s will.
- Hell: purifying/ remedial/ age-lasting (temporal grave).
- Death: will be destroyed (including the second death which is the lake of fire.)
- YHWH (Yahweh) wins: totally and victoriously--through His "conciliation of the arrangement "world".
- Mercy triumphs over judgement! (I Chron. 16:34)
- Love never fails! (I Cor. 13:8)
- YHWH (Yahweh) will be "all in all"! (I Cor. 15:28)
The Sovereignty (Free Will?) of Man
- Man plans and determines his own destiny.
- The "fall": "G-d's" plan tragically gone awry.
- Messiah: "Plan B" to correct the big mistake.
- Salvation: A gift because of (produced by) repentance.
- Faith: the condition or requirement for salvation.
- Works: the requirement to earn and keep salvation.
- "Free will": Free to choose our salvation and destiny
- The elect: Those good enough (smart enough? humble enough? lucky enough?) to have received the Gospel, and to choose "G-d".
- Born again: You decide to change and turn to "G-d". He responds.
- Man initiates (chooses). "G-d" responds.
- Prayer: To initiate or even change "G-d's" will.
- Hell: punitive/vindictive/eternal.
- Death: will reign in "hell forever".
- Satan wins: the vast majority of creation perish- only a few (the remnant) survive.
- Judgement triumphs over mercy.
- Love fails miserably.
- "G-d" will be all only in some.Etc. Etc.
Presented for aletheia, by the Assembly of Yahweh, Cascade