John Chapter 1:1-15, a Translation
1 In [a] beginning was the Logos [word], and the Logos pertained to Mighty One [Yahweh], and Mighty One was the Logos. 2 This was in [a] beginning, [and] pertained to Mighty One. 3 All things through it [the word] came into being and apart from it came into being not even one thing, which has come into being. 4 In it was life, and the life was the light of men; 5 and the light in the darkness shines, and the darkness does not overcome it.
6 There came a man, sent from Mighty One, his name was John. 7 This man, came for a witness, that he might be testifying concerning the light, that all might be believing through it. 8 He was not the light, but that he might be testifying concerning the light. 9 The true light which enlightens every man was coming into the creation (world), 10 was in the creation, and the creation on account of him came to be, yet the creation did not perceive him. 11 With respect to what was his own, he came, and yet his own did not receive him. 12 But, to as many as received him, he gave to them authority, children of Mighty One to become, (to those believing into his name); 13 who not from bloods; nor from a natural fleshly desire, not even out of [the] will of men, but out of Mighty One were born.
14 And so, the Logos [word] came into flesh, [a physical body] and tented [tabernacled] among us, and we gazed upon his esteem, (esteem as an only brought-forth from a father), full of charisma and truth. 15 John witnesses concerning him and yelled out saying: "This was of whom I said; he coming after me, before me has become; for compared to me, his position ranks foremost."
Note: In the above passage, words in square brackets [like this] are added for clarification, but are not in the Greek text. The words "Mighty One" has been substituted for the Greek word "Theos" which has the meaning of "Mighty One" in the original Greek language. The word G-d, is of pagan origin, and has no place in Scripture as a reference to the "Mighty One" YHWH (Yahweh).
Commentary and Notes on John Chapter 1:1-15
Note: Yahshua (commonly called J-sus) was the true light, (the enlightenment, knowledge, revelation) which came into the creation (or world). John the Baptist "came for a witness, that he might testify concerning the light." Note: John did not come to testify concerning the Logos (word), because the Logos, logic, speech, expression, reasoning, oral communication, spoken word, pertains to Mighty One YHWH (Yahweh), (Jn 1:1).
1. The Greek term "logos" is defined as logic, speech, expression, reasoning, oral communication, spoken word, summarized in John 1, as The oral expression, the spoken word, or Logic pertaining to YHWH (Yahweh). The logos "was" existing "In [a] beginning" (Jn 1:1-2). The logos pertains (or belongs) to YHWH (Yahweh). YHWH (Yahweh) is our Almighty Sovereign Creator Father, whose Hebrew name is YAH, YHWH, or YHVH and transliterated into English as Yahuweh, or Yahweh. The English word "logic" comes from the Greek word "logos" (Note: the "o's" in "logos" are pronounced as the "o" in "log"). For additional definitions on "logos, logic" see Webster's Dictionary of the English Language 1888, and others.
If one English word is to be used to correctly translate the Greek word "logos," it would likely be the English word "logic." Alternatively, the words "reasoning," "oral expression," and "spoken word" would also closely convey the original meaning of the Greek word "logos." The English word "word" (by its self) no longer properly conveys the Greek meaning of the word "logos" because it has developed into many extraneous unrelated uses, and can be written as well as spoken. The Greek term "logos" is always associated with "reasoned" oral speech, or spoken "logical" expression.
2. "All things through it [the oral expression, the spoke word of YHWH (Yahweh)] came into being, and apart from it came into being not even one thing, which had come into being." "It" refers to the Logos pertaining to The Almighty Sovereign Creator Spirit YHWH (Yahweh), (Jn 1:2). Note: It is important to understand, that Scripture teaches us that The Almighty Sovereign Creator YHWH (Yahweh) IS Spirit (Jn 4:24). See also Historic John 1.
3. Life exists within the Logos, logic, speech, expression, reasoning, oral communication, spoken word, that is pertaining to YHWH (Yahweh), (Jn 1:4). "For as the Father possesses life in Himself, so He gave to the Son to possess life in himself" (Jn 5:26). The enlightenment, revelation, knowledge, shining "through" the person of the Son Yahshua (2 Cor. 4:6) becomes the source of age lasting life, and is Yahweh's revelation to men (Jn 6:40). Also, "to as many as received him, he gave to them authority children of Yahweh to become, (to those believing into his name, i.e., believing his message)" (Jn 1:12). The Son had a Hebrew name (Acts 26:14-15), Yahshua, which means YAH is Savior,(from the Hebrew 'YAH + shua'). J-sus is not the name of the Son. Those receiving son-ship (Rom. 8:9,14), in like manner become light (an enlightenment) to others and also become the logos, logic, light, revelation, knowledge, received "through" their deliverer Yahshua (1 Jn 4:14-15). This revelation continues until "the day when YHWH (Yahweh) shall judge the secrets of men through Yahshua Messiah" (Rom. 2:16).
4. The logos, logic, speech, expression, reasoning, oral communication, spoken word, of the Almighty Sovereign Creator Spirit YHWH (Yahweh), fully filled the physical body of Yahshua when it came upon his body at the time of his baptism. "and he saw the Spirit of YHWH (Yahweh) descending like a dove and coming upon him." (Matt. 3:16). Note: This Spirit is not the third person of a pagan trinity, but was the in-dwelling power of the Almighty Sovereign Creator YHWH (Yahweh), who is that Spirit Power.
5. When the body of Yahshua was fully filled with the "Logos" of the Spirit of YHWH (Yahweh) at his baptism, He became the new physical earthly tent "second tabernacle," (not Temple) on earth for YHWH (Yahweh), and His accepted "adopted" son. Note: The Greek word "eskaynosen," translated tabernacle, means "skinned tent." This was the beginning of the end of cultic Yahudaism. Judgement was fully completed on the Corrupted Religious system by Yahshua at his Second Coming (known as the nearness) in 70 AD (Mk 13:26). This Judgement resulted in the complete and final destruction of Jerusalem (the Yahudi Civil System), along with the physical Temple (the Yahudi Religious System). This was allegorically referred as: "in those days," and as "the end of the world." The present day physical city of Jerusalem or the present State of Israel is no longer found in prophecy after AD 70.
6. When the Spirit of YHWH (Yahweh) came into the physical body of Yahshua at the occasion of his baptism from John, (Matt. 3:16), he received of the logos, logic, speech, expression, reasoning, oral communication, spoken word, that came from YHWH (Yahweh). The Spirit of YHWH (Yahweh) entered Yahshua (2 Cor. 5:19), and Yahshua became the Messiah (the Anointed) one of Israel. This was also the beginning of the temptation of Messiah (Matt. 4:1; 2 Sam. 7:13), followed by his miraculous power through the Spirit Power of YHWH (Yahweh). Thus the Spirit of YHWH (Yahweh) came into, and possessed the physical body of the Son (Jn 1:14), at Baptism. From that point on, Yahshua did nothing of Himself, but only reflected the will and control of the Father YHWH (Yahweh), the influence of the Almighty Sovereign Creator Father YHWH (Yahweh) was dwelling living within his physical body (skinned tent). "Truly, truly, I say unto you, the Son is able to do nothing at all by Himself, but only that which He sees the Father doing, because whatever He [the Father] does, the Son [Yahshua] also likewise does," (Jn. 5:19; 8:27-29).
7. Only "through" Yahshua's body were men able to gaze upon the esteem of the Almighty Sovereign Creator Spirit YHWH (Yahweh), (2 Cor. 4:6; Jn. 4:24), "for no man has seen YHWH (Yahweh) at any time, nor can see Him," (Jn. 1:18; 1 Tim 6:16). Through the "faith" (Phil 3:9) of Yahshua our Messiah Deliverer, the message of restoration to the lost sheep of Israel (Matt. 15:24), as received by Yahshua from the Logic given him by YHWH (Yahweh), is made known, (Jn. 5:19; 30). The same message of restoration, "the logos," is now committed to True Israelite believers as envoys on behalf of Messiah, "and has committed to us [believers] "the logic" (word) of restoration to favor," (2 Cor. 5:19).
Praise YHWH (Yahweh) our Mighty One, and Yahshua His Son, our Lord, the Deliverer, King of Israel, for committing to us believers, the "logos" (word, logic, speech, expression, reasoning, oral communication, spoken word), of YHWH's (Yahweh's) restoration of us into His favor again. May we (True Israel) be true faithful envoys of Yahshua, by also delivering the message of YHWH's (Yahweh's) restoration of Israel, and thereby worthy of his praise! (2 Cor. 5:20).
The Assembly of Yahweh, Cascade.
Copyright 1998, (revised Oct. 13, 2006) May be used in complete form, with credits, by permission
All Rights Reservedclick Browser "Back" to return Home